Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Birthday

Hello All...
Today is my 57th birthday! I was planning on going to Clayton, Georgia today to help celebrate my uncle's 90th birthday, but my driver got sick and can't go. Rachel is my driver, as I cannot drive long distances. I had the family over last night for a celebration, since I thought we were going out of town today. Well, I had an early party, so I don't know what I will do today.  I still have lots of cake! Lauren came by after school and decorated the cake for me. We put lots of things on it...flowers, Tweetie Bird rings, pink bows, a fairy, purple bumble bees, candy pink pearls, and candy flowers. Lauren hada great time doing it. Yes, pink everything!
So, I am at home today with Daddy. He hasn't been feeling very well this week, and I think he is glad that I did not go out of town. He was very chipper this morning. We are all just very tired and feeling not so good. I came home from work at 9 am yesterday, feeling not so good. Maybe it is the weather changes or something that is getting everyone out of sorts. I'm not sure. I am determined to have a good day today, though.  So, come on over for a slice or two or three of cake!!
Here are some pictures from last night...


My usual picture taking place for cakes...the top of my washing machine!!
 
 
 57! 57! Julia kept calling that number out and saying, "That is a lot of years!"
 
 
 Lauren did a good job of decorating. She enjoyed piping the icing all over and outlining everything with the little pink pearls!
 
 
 lauren did a really good job!  How about those butterflies!!
 
 
Another view...I love Tweetie Bird!!
 

Dewey, Lauren, Little Dewey, Julia, and Me!
 
 
I had some good helpers when blowing out my candles...Julia and Little Dewey!!
 
 
 Pretty butterfly outlined in pearls
 
 
 Yes, Julia ... 57!!!!!
See the fairy, the flowers, and the bumble bees!!
 
 
Cousin Mina and Dora!!
 
 
 Lauren the Decorator and Me!!
 
 
 Miss High School Rebecca!!
 
 
 
William and Amy
 
 
My GIRLS!! Rachel and Dora!!
 
 
Rachel, Dora, Julia, Little Dewey, and ME!!
 
 
 Daddy and ME!
 
 
 Cousin Mina and ME!!
 
 
 Little Brother William and ME!
 
 
 Nieces Lauren and Rebecca and ME~~
 
 
 Cutting the cake!! Ellen, Rachel, and Dora~
 
 
 Papa, Ellen, Rachel, and Dora!! Dora loves to look backwards at people!!
 

1 comment: