Saturday, October 1, 2011

Yards

My front yard is very hard to mow. It has a hillside type of slope, and this incline makes it very difficult for me to mow my yard. I finally got out there today and did the best I could, but it isn't very attractive. The weeds were knee high, and I think the lawn police are around the corner waiting to give me a ticket!! The last time I tried mowing this front yard, my face turned red, red, red, red, red, and it stayed that way for the entire day. I felt awful for a day or so, too. At that time, I did not know that I had high blood pressure. Also, this particular day was a very, very, very hot summer day. I was totally worn out. That incident was a few years ago, and I haven't attempted the yard since then. I was really scared that I was going to pass out for good if I did. So, I have asked and asked people to cut my yard lately, but no one has taken the offer to heart. So, I pumped up the lawn mower and just did it. Yes, I wore myself out, but the weather is a bit cooler than that summer day a few years ago, so I didn't have heat stroke today. I even ran over the backyard a bit. Do I want to do this again? NO! Will I do it again? I will only attempt fate again if no one else will agree to do the yard. So there! The good thing is that we are now having fall weather, so maybe the yard won't need mowing many more times before next Spring!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I just read the blogs you mentioned....what a job they will have! Maybe there is some treasure there. They should call American Pickers!

    ReplyDelete