Monday, August 3, 2020

Old Movies, Toll house Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Bewitched

This weekend, I found a really fun movie. It is called "Fitzwilly", and it stars Dick Van Dyke. Actually, there are a lot of famous actors in this film. I call it a mild mannered Oceans 11 movie, because the characters do a lot of smooth cons. They do not hurt anyone with the cons, though. Dick Van Dyke is a butler to an older lady who thinks she is still a millionaire. Actually, she is penniless. So, her loving staff  "pull off" numerous cons and thefts to keep her living in the manner to which she has been accustomed. The movie is really good. You must pay careful attention to what is going on, or you might miss things! 

Today, I found an old Fred Astaire movie called "Royal Wedding". The movie is about a brother and sister dance team who get a performance job in London, which just so happens to be taking place at the same time as a royal wedding. This movie is also the one in which Fred Astaire has the famous scene where he dances with a hat stand. There is also a famous scene where he dances on the walls and the ceiling. His dances are awesome. I read that he was such a good dancer, that he had to continually find younger and younger female partners to keep up with him! He was 52 years old in this movie, and he moved like a youngster. Jane Powell was in this movie, playing his sister. She was around 22 years old at the time. So, she was 22 and played the dance partner sister of a 52 year old. HA! I kept thinking that she and her voice seemed familiar. Then, I realized that she is the actress who played in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. That movie is one of our all-time family favorites! As I always do when watching movies, I started using the computer to research all of the actors. I knew who some of the people were, but I did not recognize the woman who played the love interest of Fred Astaire. When I looked up the movie, I found out that her name was Sarah Churchill. She was a famous British dancer/actress. Guess who her father was!! If you guessed Winston Churchill, then you are correct. How about that!

Cookie dough - I bought some Toll House Cookie dough (in a roll) a couple of weeks ago, and it went away very quickly. Then, I could only find the kind that is in a package that is divided into little squares. Well let me tell you this. The square dough is not as good as the dough in a big roll! I went to the grocery store yesterday and bought FOUR rolls. Can you believe it! So, I made a batch last night and another batch today. I am on a cookie kick, I suppose. The dough tastes really good, though - especially raw! haha

After one of my YouTube flosstube videos stopped today, there was an icon for the pilot episode of Bewitched. I am not sure why this tv episode showed up in the middle of a bunch of cross stitch videos, but I clicked on it anyway. It was so funny. This show is the one where the two meet, court, and marry. Endora is introduced in this one, as well. Also, Darrin's old girlfriend is in this episode and tries to make Samantha look bad. Uh oh...that was not a good thing to do! HA! Samantha taught her a lesson or two really fast! hahahaha

Movies and television shows in the present age are just not as good as the old ones. Maybe that is why so many movies these days are just remakes of old movies! The writers nowadays cannot write decent movies, and the producers cannot find any decent movies to make!! HAHA!

Have a great night, and watch some good, old fashioned, feel good movies!!





1 comment:

  1. I always enjoyed Bewitched as a child. I wanted to be able to wiggle my nose like Samantha.lol

    ReplyDelete