Friday, July 10, 2020

Mamma Redbird - Cardinal

On my bike ride today, I saw a pretty mamma cardinal flitting around some bushes. She hopped from one little branch to another. She didn't fly. She hopped. She is hiding in the one on the right. Can you see her?



It was interesting to watch her move from branch to branch. I took several pictures of her, using the zoom part of the phone camera, but they did not turn out too 'zoomy'. I wish that I had set it on video, so that I could show her doing that. The flitting from one branch to another was really fascinating.



My cousin said that the bird was probably protecting her babies. We could hear little squeaks in the bushes, but we never saw the little ones. She must have been trying to distract us, with her hopping, so that we would not bother her babies. 

Mamma bird was smart! She fooled me!












2 comments:

  1. Don't bother mamas of any kind.lol The little hummingbird mom went after a mockingbird that she thought was a bit too close to her nest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That hummingbird was mighty brave to go after a mockingbird!

    ReplyDelete