Friday, January 8, 2021

Christmas

     Christmas lasts a long time in my house. We have always left up our Christmas things until after January 6th, which is Epiphany. I enjoy seeing the decorations. One year, I actually left everything up until April. That year, a lot was going on. Things were so busy that there was no real time to take anything down or put anything away. It was kind of fun, actually. This year, my decorations went up early. I started before Thanksgiving, which is something that I have never done before. I always take at least a week to get everything out and up. This year, I did it all in one day! Actually, there were a few things that were still waiting to find a place! They never did find it, though, HA!  

     I took pictures last year, but they didn't get shown. So, I am going to try to put some on here this year. I started writing this entry when they were all still up. Since then, I have taken everything down and put all of the items into their respective bins. Don't ask if the bins are put away, because they are not! At least everything is down and other things are put back into place. 

     My pictures do not look very clear on the blog, but I wanted to share them anyway

     The first picture is of the mantle. This year, I actually took down all of the things that are normally on there, and I only have Christmas items displayed. 




    There is a new addition to my Willow Tree Nativity set. I found Zampognaro, a shepherd with bagpipes. So, he is a nice addition to the scene. I left my dried Jasmine flowers on the corner of the mantle. They look much better in person!



     I was also able to purchase a new tree. It is a slim, 7 foot tree. My older one was wider, and it was always hitting things as it turned around. I have a revolving tree stand that I just love. It is nice to be able to see the whole tree, as it spins around and around, rather than just seeing one side! I have to fold up my curtain, though, or it will get caught in the tree and go around and around with the tree. Then when it gets totally wrapped around, the tree stops!



      I have these traditional, European Santas that were given to me by my Daddy. He loved to find things like these Santas. I love them! My musical Christmas snow globes are also on my little server buffet.



     I have a small, glass nativity that I bought a long time ago. It came with a small mirror to go underneath the pieces. That mirror broke a long time ago. I also have two small nativities that are carved out of wood and a small, Precious Moments nativity. One of my big, musical snow globes is also a Nativity scene.


     I also put my advent wreath on the mantle. I lit it throughout the season of Advent, however I did not leave the flames going for very long at a time. The old, plaster walls are not really conducive to candles! 



      The New Year came in without any fuss or bother, so that was nice. Our weather has gone crazy, so it was very warm for a New Year's day. It felt like spring or summer, really. The air conditioner actually had to be used for a while, in order to get the stuffiness out of here! Since then, we have winter one day and summer another day. So far this year, though, everything is going well. The best part about the new year is that I do not have to go to work! I am still enjoying my second year of retirement, and I am still learning the art of slowing down. I enjoy my peaceful time just doing what I want to do when I want to do it! 

     Take it easy, be safe, be careful, and have a GREAT DAY!!

     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment